Sunday, May 2, 2010

Pre-Preparation Phase

Currently trying to gather as many recipes, non-perishable products, and information as possible to help prepare for the 7 week (including preparation week) journey.

Tips and Tricks:
I have found the yahoo groups GFCFrecipies and Vegan-and-Gluten-Free to be very helpful as well as VGF (vegetarian gluten free).

Trial and Error:
I've only tried one recipe thus far and really didn't like it, which was sad. The recipe was "quinoa banana muffins". It used quinoa flour which I have decided is not my favorite flour in the world :-P. Since then I have bought a number of other flours and have my fingers crossed that they will taste better. It was also supposed to use quinoa flakes, but I couldn't find those so I substituted gluten free oats instead, sadly they didn't help the taste much. I'm willing to try the recipe again with another flour mixture, but if it tastes gross twice, I'm unlikely to continue messing with it.

There is still much to do to prepare, but luckily school ends soon and we aren't starting preparation week until mid-June so I should be able to adequately prepare. I'll try to keep any successes, failures, and useful information posted regularly.

Namaste,
Mel G.

No comments:

Post a Comment